General Terms & Conditions
Standard Hire Terms and Conditions: Orders may be placed by letter, telephone, fax or e-mail.
- Hire rates are for a 48-hour period allowing delivery/collection from 12 noon on the day before use date and collection by 12 noon on the day following use date. Any special requirements please speak to a member of the team. Due to the nature of the business, we may need to substitute items at the last minute but we always try to liaise with each customer should this situation arise.
- All goods to be returned clean and in good condition. Any goods returned unwashed will be subject to a cleaning charge. No refunds will be made for any unused goods.
- Any shortages, breakages or damage to goods will be charged at our current replacement charge.
- Prices subject to alteration without notice. All prices plus VAT at prevailing rate.
- Deposits: A deposit of an amount at the discretion of the company will be payable on confirmation of order. This represents a holding deposit initially, and no cancellations are accepted once confirmed. The deposit amount on commencement of hire is then used as a breakage/shortage/damage deposit and will be off set against any further invoices.
- All customers (non-account holders) will be required to make full cleared payment prior to hire commencement. Delays in payment will result in hires not leaving the unit or being prepared in time.
- A delivery and collection service is available. Please ask for a quotation. Deliveries/collections are based on our drivers having easy access to a ground floor location only – if this is not adhered to, we must know in advance and additional charges will be incurred. View Delivery & Collection Policy
- The hirer is responsible for any loss/damage to goods for the entirety of the hire period. It is your responsibility to ensure that the goods are fully covered by insurance with regard to theft, damage and public liability risks.
- We will not be liable for any delays caused by circumstances beyond our control.
- The hirer is responsible for the safe handling of all equipment and in accordance with the safety operating instructions provided.
All equipment has been tested and safety checked before delivery – however in the event of any uncertainty please contact our office before attempting use.
Marquee Terms & Conditions
The marquee quotation is based on the marquee land being a level firm site with easy access for commercial vehicles.
The hirer is responsible for preparing the location of the marquee if necessary.
We do not accept liability for damage caused by the positioning, access, erection or removal of the marquee/equipment.
We cannot be held responsible for damage caused to concealed or buried pipes, cables and other services and features unless their positions have been clearly marked on the site by the hirer.
Delivery & set up of the marquee will be to the point previously stated in your site visit with our marquee manager.
The hirer must have obtained all necessary permits from local authorities or site owners proper to the delivery of the equipment.
The hirer must be present at the time of delivery to confirm the exact location for the marquee and sign the delivery note. If the hirer or a representative is not on site at the time of delivery, then the hirer is deemed to accept the content of the delivery note & location of the marquee as per your site visit. Once the marquee build is under way it cannot be moved, not even an inch so it is extremely important that the position is correct first time.
We may charge extra for drilling and fixing if equipment is to be sited on a hard surface.
We require £250 deposit to confirm any marquee booking. The marquees are subject to availability and is based on a ‘first come, first served ‘basis. We ask that you decide as quick as possible to avoid disappointment.
Deposits paid towards holding the date of a marquee cannot be used against furniture orders if the marquee is cancelled as we turn down work for each marquee, we have booked in. Deposits are non-refundable if the marquee is cancelled.
All customers (non account holders) will be required to make full cleared payment 4 weeks prior to hire commencement. You can pay this by BACS transfer, cash or card payment.
Upon booking your marquee you will receive a CAD drawing based on the size of the marquee and how many guests you need to seat. This will be designed how you wish the lay out to look by our Marquee coordinator. This will need to be checked & signed off 2 weeks prior to set up so the marquee staff can set up the layout when the build is complete. The staff will set this out to the style of the CAD & if you wish to change this when it is finished it will be your responsibility as the staff will not have time to re arrange.
Please contact the office 2 weeks prior to set up if you wish to make any alterations.
The CAD will be clearly marked where the dance-floor, bar area, band, stage, tables, top tables, buffet area, catering, cake table etc will all be positioned to give you an idea of how the finished set up will look. You will be able to work closely with our marquee coordinator on how you wish this all to look.
Care of Equipment:
The hirer is responsible for any loss/damage to goods for the entirety of the hire period. It is your responsibility to ensure that the goods are fully covered by insurance with regard to theft, damage and public liability risks.
The hirer is responsible for the safe handling of all equipment and in accordance with the safety operating instructions provided.
All heating & cooking equipment must be placed a minimum of six feet from the marquee panels & must not be left unattended whilst in use.
There must be no heating or cooking within the marquee other than by electrical appliances or purpose designed butane or propane gas appliances.
BBQ equipment or open fires used outside must be placed a minimum of 15ft from the marquee.
No smoking is permitted in or near the marquee.
In the event of cancellation, the following charges will be invoiced and due for payment on the date of commencement of the originally contracted period of hire
Cancellation more than 28 days before the commencement of the period of hire – 50% of the total hire charge.
Cancellation 14 days before the commencement of the period of hire – 100% of total hire charge.
Bybrook will make all reasonable endeavours to fulfil every contract, but the company cannot be held liable for variation or non-completion of orders due to act of god, fire, flood, storms, gale or any civil disturbances.